× Members

Questions in IS10 Severe Dis Form

More
8 years 5 months ago #145270 by Johnny
Questions in IS10 Severe Dis Form was created by Johnny
Hi again

I have a query regarding questions in IS10 Form.

Firstly, I live alone apart from my 14yr daughter, so would I be correct in saying she's a not considered a non-dependent until she's 18yr?

Secondly, regarding the questions on last page of IS10 relating to mortgage, it asks the following:
'Do you jointly own the property?'
In my case my ex-wife's name remains on the mortgage as joint owner, but she hasn't lived there for several years. I pay the mortgage partly through my SMI benefit support.

'When did you and other person start paying mortgage together?'
Why this question?

'What was the date you first started to live in the property?'
Again, not sure the reason for this question.

As I said I live alone apart from my 14yr daughter, so I was curious as to the reasons for these kind of questions. Would I be right in saying that it has to do with income or a double check on non-dependents in the house?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145290 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Questions in IS10 Severe Dis Form
Hi
Your daughter is a dependent until she is 18 or you stop getting child benefit for her ie she starts earning her own wage.

The questions are to do with your income and outgoings. They may ask if your ex pays anything towards the mortgage still, how much or when she stopped. They may also ask about maintenance for your daughter. Its all about how much benefit you get and not paying you any more than they have to.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145300 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic Questions in IS10 Severe Dis Form
Thanks foss27

I pay the shortfall on mortgage, so can't see a problem there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foss27

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris