× Members

PIP report v ESA report.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145357 by little effie
PIP report v ESA report. was created by little effie
Hi yet again

Still waiting for new pip appointment so thought I would look at all my info copies and realizing I never actually received the report that put me straight in support group phoned and got it three days later. It was two months after pip assessment and it clearly states in four places that I have severe functional disabilities from multiple conditions affecting upper and lower limbs and mobility. It also says four times that there is highly unlikely to be any improvement in the long term. I know criteria is different but how can pip assessor state my conditions fluctuate so only got 17 month award when esa assessments state long standing and no improvement expected in the long term.My question is can I use the esa report in argument with them if only receive short award again or none at all or would they then say that they need to look at esa claim again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145363 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP report v ESA report.
Effie

I'm afraid it's not that unusual to find discrepancies between an ESA and PIP reports.

There's no reason why you cannot use from one benefit for the other, especially where the areas commented on are relevant to both or as in this case are in relation to the underlying conditions.

Whilst we have seen reports from one benefit used to make an award in the other, we have not seen an occurrence of one being used to reduce or remove an award, in fact the then Minister, Esther McVey stood up in the House of Commons and stated that this would not be done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: little effie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.