× Members

DLA over 65 Attendance Allowance

More
8 years 4 months ago #145415 by Paul Matthews
DLA over 65 Attendance Allowance was created by Paul Matthews
I receive Higher rate mobility plus Middle rate care allowance DLA. My award is indefinite. I understand that, now I am 65, I can claim an extra 'Attendance Allowance'. Is this true and if so has anybody any advice/guidance on how to do so?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145430 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA over 65 Attendance Allowance
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

DLA and Attendance Allowance (AA) are totally separate "benefits" and you cannot claim or receive both.

DLA "was" for new claimants under 65 years old, that would now be PIP, AA is for new claimants over 65 years old.

AA is very similar to DLA Care, as it has no Mobility Component.

You should be aware that even though you have an Indefinite DLA Award, that if you were under 65 years old on 08/04/13, you will be transferred over to PIP.

DLA to PIP transfers have not yet started in N Ireland.

This will occur at random over the next 2-3 years.

You do not have to do anything to instigate your transfer, when your time comes, you will receive a letter "inviting" you to transfer to PIP.

See : This Post

PIP qualifying criteria, is much different than that of DLA and in many respect much harder to qualify under.

So if you are to be transferred, you would be best advised to read through our PIP Guide in anticipation of this.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.