× Members

Support group DLA Renewal due to PIP

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145421 by richard
Support group DLA Renewal due to PIP was created by richard
Hi everyone

I am currently in the support group, my DLA is due for renewal in April 2016? I assume that the new PIP will be the next and new claim assessment, would this be based on my current support group health conditions, or will they reassess with the new pip rules.

I have nearly died with all stress getting my old ESA to be in the support Group, i am very concerned if they say im not entitled or stop all my benefits, with all the horrors stories i have seen over the last 5 years on DLA, ESA, now the new PIP horror stories. Any help on this one
Many thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145437 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Support group DLA Renewal due to PIP

richard wrote: Hi everyone

I am currently in the support group, my DLA is due for renewal in April 2016? I assume that the new PIP will be the next and new claim assessment, would this be based on my current support group health conditions, or will they reassess with the new pip rules.

I have nearly died with all stress getting my old ESA to be in the support Group, i am very concerned if they say im not entitled or stop all my benefits, with all the horrors stories i have seen over the last 5 years on DLA, ESA, now the new PIP horror stories. Any help on this one
Many thanks.

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

ESA, DLA and PIP are totally different "benefits" with totally different qualifying criteria, so don't mix them up ! :)

As your DLA is due for renewal in April 2016, you should expect to reassessed for PIP rather than DLA.

You usually receive your "renewal" forms some 16-20 weeks before the end date, so you could receive them at any time from now.

You will be assessed from scratch under PIP criteria, so your current DLA award, or your ESA SG Award will not guarantee that you qualify for PIP.

In anticipation of receiving your renewal forms, you should read though the following :

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

DLA to PIP transfers have not started in N Ireland, so if you live there, you will be reassessed under DLA criteria.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.