× Members

Travelling to assessments

More
8 years 5 months ago #145501 by John Wilson
Travelling to assessments was created by John Wilson
You asked about travelling to assessments. My wife received an appointment for a PIP assessment in Northampton. We actually live in Leicestershire. Capita cancelled this appointment at short notice. They then gave us another one in Leicester. This, too, was cancelled at short notice. We were then given another appointment but, in the meantime, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. This didn't stop Capita from sending us two appointments on the same day. After complaining they cancelled the appointments and said that they would arrange a home visit instead. They stated that they couldn't say when as they had no available appointments. Whether in Northampton or Leicester, it is still a round trip of sixty to eighty miles - a bit much for someone undergoing chemotherapy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145511 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Travelling to assessments
JW

Thanks for your post, the newsletter asked members to contact the office directly but I'll leave this topic open so that others can add there own experience.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.