× Members

ESA deadline

• Woosiewoo34
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145544 by Woosiewoo34
ESA deadline was created by Woosiewoo34
Hi.
I sent in a mandatory reconsideration letter for my ESA which they received on Monday. I've just spoken to an advisor a out whether I still send in fit notes and he told me they have one on file which is being held until the decision is made. He advised me that the decision is expected by close of business on 16th Dec.
Is it normal for them to advise you dates? Should I take it as gospel or with a pinch of salt?
Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145554 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA deadline

Woosiewoo34 wrote: Hi.
I sent in a mandatory reconsideration letter for my ESA which they received on Monday. I've just spoken to an advisor a out whether I still send in fit notes and he told me they have one on file which is being held until the decision is made. He advised me that the decision is expected by close of business on 16th Dec.
Is it normal for them to advise you dates? Should I take it as gospel or with a pinch of salt?
Thank you

Hi Ww34,

Yes, the fit notes only have to cover you up until the date of the adverse fit for work decision.

If you MR is unsuccessful, you may need to obtain fresh one's from your G.P. to cover you from the date of the decision, as if you go on to appeal, once The Tribunal have accepted your appeal, you can revert back to Assessment Rate ESA.

It would be then that you would present the fresh fit note covering you from the date of the fit for work decision.

If you haven't claimed and received any JSA whilst the MR process was ongoing you would receive arrears of ESA from the date of the fit for work decision.

If you have been receiving JSA you would receive ESA from the day after your JSA claim is closed.

I am afraid that I cannot offer any comment on whether the advisor is telling the truth, you will have to wait and see.

Please keep us updated. :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.