× Members

Child DLA - ME/CFS

More
8 years 5 months ago #145555 by Skyfall
Child DLA - ME/CFS was created by Skyfall
Hi,
Just wondering whether anyone has any advice re an application for my son's dla. He has been diagnosed with ME/CFS and has been too poorly to attend school since September 2014. I sent an application off in July( had help with the form from local charity..wish knew about this site before :( turned down initially, then after I sent paediatric report awarded lower level living allowance. Consultant would not write initially felt should wait for request from DWP but he did write after they told me they are not asking at the moment as it takes too long was a sportive letter saying he fully supported the application ...had two mandatory reconsiderations now. They are clearly ignoring my whole form just picking out any positive eg melatonin helping with sleep issues despite the fact he is often awake all night. They have decided he can walk a reasonable distance and just needs a rest whilst ignoring he is housebound. The DWP did say if I appeal and send them extra medical information it might be reviewed before tribunal but it is so hard to get the medical team to commit - the
OT said she wasn't allowed to support it but I could have a copy of a report that hasn't been produced. I have until the 17th December to appeal to tribunal. Had the family support officer visit today- not sure whether they help but trying to keep everything positive at the moment as under pressure from CAMHS And paediatrician to get him back to school.. Any advice as to how to proceed gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145567 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Child DLA - ME/CFS
Hero

If you have had two MRs then the only way forward is to appeal the Decision or start again!

If you want to appeal you should have a look at our DLA appeal guides and the supporting documentation

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaappeals

There is a post on similar topic that may be helpful

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=106570

I would start by reviewing our Child DLA Claim guides, whilst DLA for children uses the same basic criteria as for adults there is a direct comparison to the capabilities of children of a similar age.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

If you have further questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145578 by Skyfall
Replied by Skyfall on topic Child DLA - ME/CFS
Thank you, Gordon. I will have a look at those links and decide what to do next, Hero

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.