× Members

mandatory work scheme

• Annette Freemans
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145572 by Annette Freemans
mandatory work scheme was created by Annette Freemans
I have been transferred from ESA to JSA last week after I 'failed' my WCA. When I signed on I was told I will have to go on a Mandatory Work Scheme and my Work Coach will discuss this with me when I next sign on. In the newsletter it said the work scheme is to be discontinued - when will this come about - will I still be forced to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory work scheme
AF

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You don't say whether you are challenging the ESA Fit for Work Decision, if you are then it should be possible to negotiate a reduced commitment for your JSA, although I cannot say that this will excuse you from the Mandatory Work scheme.

If you are appealing the decision then once a Mandatory Reconsideration has been completed and an appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal Service then you can request to be placed back on the ESA appeal rate, providing that this was your first Fit for Work Decision.

If you are not appealing, then you have no additional rights and will be treated as a normal JSA claimant, however, it should still be possible to negotiate the contents of your Job Seeker agreement to take into account your limitations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annette Freemans

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145582 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic mandatory work scheme
Hi,

If you are to request an MR of the fit for work decision, you may also find : This Post helpful.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

• Annette Freemans
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145975 by Annette Freemans
Replied by Annette Freemans on topic mandatory work scheme
Thanks for advice. Have to go and sign on again tomorrow and wondering if they're likely to accept some voluntary work I have in mind as work experience. This work I would be capable of with my health condition, but the work on the mandatory work scheme I am doubtful if I would be able to keep it up.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.