× Members

Is this Maximus?- ESA50

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #145696 by Orangeblossom
Is this Maximus?- ESA50 was created by Orangeblossom
So today I got a ESA50 form, as I'm due for reassessment. I'm in the ESA support group at present. It is from the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, is this Maximus? In the past, I've been assessed by Atos.

I notice the questionnaire has changed since last time; the section for other info at the back is now really small not a page. I suppose it is OK to attach a sheet if necessary? Also, is there any point in sending info regarding my PIP (enhanced rate care) or not?

A lovely Christmas present, it's due back the start of January. :unsure: My main concern is that even though I'm still on antipsychotics and antidepressants and have a life threatening and fluctuating physical health condition, I have now been discharged from mental health into the care of my GP. I don't really have anyone to put in for the professional who cares for or knows you best, so I suppose I will put the GP. They have done a recent care plan with me, so that can go in too. But any other advice or tips welcome, in particular with regard to Maximus.

My last ESA report stated I was put in the support group as I have a mental health condition and in the care of a psychiatrist, and was vulnerable to stressors BUT that the available medical evidence indicated work related activity may be OK in the medium term and would be reassessed in 18 months. I have done a SAR request for the info and it seems the Med form 113 was sent out to the GP but it is blank so I think they may not have returned it. The report refers to previous assessments and medical evidence from IB claims. Can I assume Maximus will then be using this form? Many thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #145706 by
Replied by on topic Is this Maximus?- ESA50

Orangeblossom wrote: So today I got a ESA50 form, as I'm due for reassessment. I'm in the ESA support group at present. It is from the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, is this Maximus? In the past, I've been assessed by Atos.

I notice the questionnaire has changed since last time; the section for other info at the back is now really small not a page. I suppose it is OK to attach a sheet if necessary? Also, is there any point in sending info regarding my PIP (enhanced rate care) or not?

A lovely Christmas present, it's due back the start of January. :unsure: My main concern is that even though I'm still on antipsychotics and antidepressants and have a life threatening and fluctuating physical health condition, I have now been discharged from mental health into the care of my GP. I don't really have anyone to put in for the professional who cares for or knows you best, so I suppose I will put the GP. They have done a recent care plan with me, so that can go in too. But any other advice or tips welcome, in particular with regard to Maximus.

My last ESA report stated I was put in the support group as I have a mental health condition and in the care of a psychiatrist, and was vulnerable to stressors BUT that the available medical evidence indicated work related activity may be OK in the medium term and would be reassessed in 18 months. I have done a SAR request for the info and it seems the Med form 113 was sent out to the GP but it is blank so I think they may not have returned it. The report refers to previous assessments and medical evidence from IB claims. Can I assume Maximus will then be using this form? Many thanks.

Hi Ob,

Yes, if it is an ESA50, it will be The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. who will carry out your assessment.

I know it will be of little comfort, but you are the 3rd member who has received an ESA50 today.

You can read their topics and my responses to them : Here and Here.

I would try and provide as much evidence as you can, don't rely on them looking at your previous documentation, even though they might. Even though you can mention your G.P. or any other treating HCP, I would not rely on Maximus contacting them.

Try and obtain a letter of support from them to send copy of with The ESA50.

You can refer back to how and why you were placed into The SG last time, your task will be to show that you still qualify for The SG !!

You can even send a copy of the reports that you speak of with The ESA50.

Try and reiterate how you are now, and if applicable that you still suffer the same limitations as you did on your previous assessment.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

More
8 years 6 months ago #145716 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Is this Maximus?- ESA50
Many thanks. I am not sure my GP would be able to do a letter in time and I don't want to have to pay for anything, I have only ever sent in info I've already had in the past which has been OK. The care plan is recent so that will have to do. I just wanted to mention, as others have had the forms today also, I have had a quick look at the pdf version of the form to fill in and that seems quite helpful, being able to come back to it again. Makes it a bit less daunting.

One more question, do you think I should stick to saying how I still fit the risk descriptor or also mention about the uncontrolled disease one. This would be because I think the physical one would fit into that, I have the med evidence it is life threatening and there is nothing preventatively can be done to stop it happening again, I can just manage the symptoms as best I can. I have had a look through your helpful guide to the ESA support group descriptors.

I have already decided if I need to appeal I will do a paper based one as due to the stress of it, as I've been advised to not do anything stressful due to the psychosis being stress related.

More
8 years 6 months ago #145718 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Is this Maximus?- ESA50
Did you mean the reports for ESA or the ones for PIP (or the letter with the descriptors I meet for PIP)?

Out of interest, when I did the SAR request, the ESA report was not in the ESA bundle. I have a copy because I requested it after having been put into the support group upon transfer from IB.

More
8 years 6 months ago #145719 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is this Maximus?- ESA50

Orangeblossom wrote: One more question, do you think I should stick to saying how I still fit the risk descriptor or also mention about the uncontrolled disease one. This would be because I think the physical one would fit into that, I have the med evidence it is life threatening and there is nothing preventatively can be done to stop it happening again, I can just manage the symptoms as best I can. I have had a look through your helpful guide to the ESA support group descriptors.

As far as I can see you have not mentioned a life threatening disease in any of your previous posts, but even if this applies it is only relevant to the WRAG, not the Support Group.

I'm afraid that members must take responsibility for the decisions that are made on their claim, we cannot advise one course of action over another.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 6 months ago #145721 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is this Maximus?- ESA50

Orangeblossom wrote: Did you mean the reports for ESA or the ones for PIP (or the letter with the descriptors I meet for PIP)?

Out of interest, when I did the SAR request, the ESA report was not in the ESA bundle. I have a copy because I requested it after having been put into the support group upon transfer from IB.

You can send either, but you need to make sure that anything you send supports your limitations as you are stating them on the ESA50, remember the criteria for PIP are very different in many areas from those for ESA and as a result are simply not applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.