× Members

DWP letter offer Extra Money for Severe Disabilty

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145703 by Scotboy
I have received the above letter, but seems strange and though I do have chronic health problems, ESA appeal and PIP award, I might not fall in the severe disability bracket. The letter has a questionnaire which firstly asks if I have a carer who gets or has applied for carers allowance and asks for their details (answer for me is no as family help out but dont want benefit). Then only health question is 'are you blind?', again No and 'Do you live with a partner?- again No so then for me would just be sign and return. I'm inclined to ignore it.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145708 by bro58

Scotboy wrote: I have received the above letter, but seems strange and though I do have chronic health problems, ESA appeal and PIP award, I might not fall in the severe disability bracket. The letter has a questionnaire which firstly asks if I have a carer who gets or has applied for carers allowance and asks for their details (answer for me is no as family help out but dont want benefit). Then only health question is 'are you blind?', again No and 'Do you live with a partner?- again No so then for me would just be sign and return. I'm inclined to ignore it.

Hi Sb,

I gather that you have received an : IS10 Form or could it be an : ESA 3 Form (Sample) ?

If it is either, it is to assess your financial and personal details to see whether you qualify for : ESA Premiums. (Sounds like it's for The Severe Disability Premium. (SDP) )

If you are entitled to payment of The SDP, it's well worth having, as it's currently £61.85 /week for a single, and it can be backdated to the time that you first qualified for it. :

Benefit Rates 2015/16

If you are entitled to any ESA Premiums, they will be paid on top of your ESA payments.

There is a topic from another member : Here where they recently filled in an IS10 and received The SDP.

You really have nothing to lose and all to gain by filling the form in and returning it.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145970 by Scotboy
Yes it was the IS10 in a letter, what I don't really understand is how they decide award or not on basis of just three questions, does anyone get carers allowance - no as they don't claim, do you live with partner - no, and are you blind - no, those answers lead me straight to just sign.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145983 by Gordon

Scotboy wrote: Yes it was the IS10 in a letter, what I don't really understand is how they decide award or not on basis of just three questions, does anyone get carers allowance - no as they don't claim, do you live with partner - no, and are you blind - no, those answers lead me straight to just sign.

The form should be 6 side long and there should be questions about whether anybody else lives with you.

See the link in Bro's post to the actual form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147739 by Scotboy
I returned the form ages ago but never heard any response, other than a 10 pound christmas bonus, seems strange. but I also wrote two times to dwp to ask for my jsa sanction to be reviewed and removed from records as unfair (as given while awaiting esa appeal reinstatement for being unable to answer telephone interview, although called back and spoke to coach the same day).

More
8 years 3 months ago #147755 by Gordon

Scotboy wrote: I returned the form ages ago but never heard any response, other than a 10 pound christmas bonus, seems strange. but I also wrote two times to dwp to ask for my jsa sanction to be reviewed and removed from records as unfair (as given while awaiting esa appeal reinstatement for being unable to answer telephone interview, although called back and spoke to coach the same day).

If you think that you qualify for the Premium, then you should chase the DWP as it is worth about £60 per week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.