× Members

carers allowance and PIP

More
8 years 4 months ago #145769 by pipsqueak
carers allowance and PIP was created by pipsqueak
I stopped qualifying for ESA as my savings crossed the threshold. a welfare advice centre helped me claim carers allowance and PIP as I care for my elderly mum, and can't get around and about easily; I see my GP and consultant regularly about chronic recurrent mental illness, which disables, and depend on the welfare advice centre for help with benefits, and B and W.
and my mum for her care for me and letting me live in the family home after the first serious breakdown in my mid 20's, I'm now 58.
when universal credit comes round my area, will my current benefits be affected or left untouched? will I be reassessed or called into the jobcentre or not? It really is enough just coping everyday, and the illness leaves me exhausted and vulnerable. I am thankful for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago #145772 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic carers allowance and PIP

pip wrote: I stopped qualifying for ESA as my savings crossed the threshold. a welfare advice centre helped me claim carers allowance and PIP as I care for my elderly mum, and can't get around and about easily; I see my GP and consultant regularly about chronic recurrent mental illness, which disables, and depend on the welfare advice centre for help with benefits, and B and W.
and my mum for her care for me and letting me live in the family home after the first serious breakdown in my mid 20's, I'm now 58.
when universal credit comes round my area, will my current benefits be affected or left untouched? will I be reassessed or called into the jobcentre or not? It really is enough just coping everyday, and the illness leaves me exhausted and vulnerable. I am thankful for any advice.

Hi p,

Even though the area may be "UC Live" this doesn't mean that all claimants will come under the UC umbrella in the near future.

Claimants have to meet the Gateway Conditions to make a UC claim, being in receipt of PIP means that you don't meet those Gateway Conditions.

See : This Post.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago #146277 by pipsqueak
Replied by pipsqueak on topic carers allowance and PIP
may I ask: does carers allowance (and attendance allowance) come under the new universal credit, or lie outside it.? Thankyou

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146286 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic carers allowance and PIP
At the moment only the simplest claims can be made for UC.
This means single unemployed people.
At an as yet undetermined future date UC may incorporate people with children as it was meant to do and after that maybe sick and disabled.
It is pointless worrying about this for the moment. Any change will be in our newsletters.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.