× Members

Worst days only on PIP2?? Fluctuating conditions?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145787 by Zoe
I was talking to a friend about the pip2 form recently and was told the guidance she received from CAB about her own pip application some time ago was to only include her day to day functioning and care and mobility needs on her worst days, disregarding good or so so days entirely for the purposes of the form. I asked a couple of other friends from a support group re what they did for their pip2 forms and they also said they only included their worst days.

I've split all answers in three for my pip2, explaining my level of functioning and care and mobility needs for all circumstances/days. So in effect I've written something like on a really good day I can walk up to 200 metres unaided; I have good days about once a week. On a bad day I need to be transferred to a wheelchair if I absolutely need to go anywhere, like the hospital otherwise I am bed-bound; I have bad days about three days a week et cetera et cetera.

I'm now wondering what other people have done for their forms, especially for fluctuating conditions? Have you split the answers into good/so so/bad days or only included bad days?

Zoe
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #145812 by bro58

Zoe wrote: I was talking to a friend about the pip2 form recently and was told the guidance she received from CAB about her own pip application some time ago was to only include her day to day functioning and care and mobility needs on her worst days, disregarding good or so so days entirely for the purposes of the form. I asked a couple of other friends from a support group re what they did for their pip2 forms and they also said they only included their worst days.

I've split all answers in three for my pip2, explaining my level of functioning and care and mobility needs for all circumstances/days. So in effect I've written something like on a really good day I can walk up to 200 metres unaided; I have good days about once a week. On a bad day I need to be transferred to a wheelchair if I absolutely need to go anywhere, like the hospital otherwise I am bed-bound; I have bad days about three days a week et cetera et cetera.

I'm now wondering what other people have done for their forms, especially for fluctuating conditions? Have you split the answers into good/so so/bad days or only included bad days?

Zoe

Hi Z,

For PIP you should be assessed on how you are for the "Majority" of days, not just your "Good" days nor your "Bad" days.

This is why it helps to keep a diary when you suffer fluctuating limitations.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.