× Members

Income Support for sick and disabled

• foss27
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146150 by foss27
Income Support for sick and disabled was created by foss27
I know I'm a mod but I don't know everything :)

I have found info on the net which says sick and disabled claimants who have appealed a determination that they are fit to work can claim this benefit.
It seems to me that it may be an alternative to signing on and claiming JSA whilst awaiting the MR and appeal to be determined in certain circumstances ie if you have no money, no savings etc.
Has anyone tried this route?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146159 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income Support for sick and disabled
Foss

Do you have a link?

Income Support used to be available if you were unable to work due to illness or disability and you did not qualify for Incapacity Benefit, there are still claimants receiving IS due to Incapacity, but you can only make a new claim for IS because you are carer or you are a lone parent with a child under 5.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.