× Members

ESA Sitting & Standing

More
8 years 4 months ago #146190 by judexx
ESA Sitting & Standing was created by judexx
I've just got my renewal ESA50 (so they are sending some out again) and I'm confused by an apparent discrepancy between the form and the ESA members guide.

For 'Sitting and Standing' (p.8) the form says
'While you are standing or sitting (or a combination of the two) how long can you stay in one place and be pain free without the help of another person? '
whereas the guide (p.38) only mentions the need of 'another person' to score 15 points - not for other problems with sitting/standing to get 6 or 9 points.

Is this another case of the ESA50 being misleading or has something recently changed ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Sitting & Standing
Jude

I think, like me, you are suffering from word blindness :) I've checked the current guide and "standing unassisted by another person" is included in 2.b(I) and 2.c(I) :)

2.a is the 15 point descriptor and covers moving from seated position to another, this is different from the other descriptors that over Standing and Sitting.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146237 by judexx
Replied by judexx on topic ESA Sitting & Standing
Thanks Gordon and I'm really sorry (as if you haven't got enough to do).

The moral of this story is don't attempt to look at an ESA50, when you're in a panic and after having taken strong painkillers !

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146260 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Sitting & Standing
Don't worry.
We are pleased to help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.