× Members

ESA50 sent after 18 months in support group

• IC2ESA
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146233 by IC2ESA
Hi Everyone,

Through the help and advice by everyone on the forums here and the guides I had a successful pre-appeal decision to place me into the ESA Support group 18 months ago. On the award notice after being placed in the support group I had noticed no specified time frame on how long the award is for which reading other posts people have mentioned that they have defined periods for their awards whilst being placed in the support group i.e. 3 years. Therefore, I'd like to ask is there a minimum specified time that an award for being in the support group should last for or alternately is there an obligation on the award notice how long the award should be for?

I ask because in the past week I have received the ESA50 questionnaire through the post to complete within a month. Has this been sent in error since I was only placed in the Support Group in May 2014. My conditions have since the award have worsened. I obviously will have the form filled in/sent as prescribed and have had help from my family to help write this up. However, could this have been sent in error?

I would welcome and appreciate (as always) everyone's help/assistance and contributions to help me better understand this and thanks everyone in advance for your support.

Many Thanks

IC2ESA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146256 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA50 sent after 18 months in support group
Hi

It is unusual not to have a timefrme for reassessment in your award decision.
However the DWP can carry out reassessments whenever they please so a recommended timeframe can lull people into a false sense of security.
Since you have received a form you are obliged to complete it and send it in in order to cntinue your claim so if you want to carry on claiming ESA you must return it within the time allowed.
Obviously you can use the resources here to help you and hopefully you still have all the paperwork from 18 months ago which you can refer to.

Best wishes.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146421 by hartlepool1945
Replied by hartlepool1945 on topic ESA50 sent after 18 months in support group
I've just rejoined B&W again.

Last time I succeeded in appeal before using resources, just using simple logic and re-iteration of facts (assessment by ATOS was appalling, took 60 mins and nowhere near complete when closed.for others waiting). Couldn't believe I wasn't placed in Support Group, so instant appeal to Mandatory Reconsideration - although it took three letters to DWP and one to Minister to speed things along. They also phoned 3 times when I was away on holiday and simply so simply reread the ESA50 before finding in my favour - August 2014.

15/16 months later I've got a new ESA50, which I really cannot believe, the stress it puts on applicants is unacceptable. Plus a month to complete, over Xmas and New Year!

Will read resource carefully as well as try to refer back, and see how blatantly discriminatory they can be this time around.

Surely the current workload is more than sufficient without trying to drag in re-assessments?

More
8 years 4 months ago #146437 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 sent after 18 months in support group
Hartlepool

I'm afraid the intention for ESA was always regular re-assessment even for those in the Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146505 by hartlepool1945
Replied by hartlepool1945 on topic ESA50 sent after 18 months in support - UPDATE ?
Further to earlier - spoke to both HAAS and JS+ - advised anything between 12 and 24 months is now the norm for Support Group - so here goes again filling in the form over Christmas and stressinggggggg.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.