× Members

ESA50 is smaller & clashes with B&W answers guide

More
8 years 4 months ago #146348 by twinkerzzz
Hi
The current 2015 ESA50 has allocated even smaller writing space since i last re-appplied for ESA in 2013. I was already having difficulty fitting the 'Benefits and Work' answer guidance into the space available.
I used to type the answers and stick them in as folded pieces of paper. My page 17 - 'Other information' was also usually 3 pieces of paper stuck together and folded up like a fold-out scroll.
The last time i did this in 2013 they 'mislaid' my application and as they now have evolved a central scanning system i'm concerned about using the 'sticking-folded-typed-answers-in' method again because of difficulties for them scanning folded pieces of paper stuck into ESA50 answer boxes.

It's quite hard following your answer guidance and fitting it into answer boxes. The 'p17 - Other information' section also refers to using 'a seperate piece of paper' if there is not enough room: i.e. a 'single' sheet of paper.

I'm concerned about how to manage this issue. Following your guidance which indicates to give informative answers together with detailing personal examples isnt spatially compatable with the allocated space on the ESA50 yet your guides seem to advise giving as much information as possible.
How many extra pieces of paper should i run into ?
Can you advise how to manage this issue now the ESA50 answer box space has shrunk again ?
Help i'm in a panic about how to organise this - it seems like I have to be a copy-editor genius !

Thanks for the advice.
n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146350 by Gordon
Nicholson

You have a couple of option or a combination of the two, you can attach extra pages to the ESA50, just make sure that each has your full name and National Insurance Number and is numbered, I would recommend something like "page X of Y" so it is easy to identify when one is missing.

Alternatively, you can use the "online" version of the form, you'll need Adobe Reader installed on your computer and then you can download a copy of the ESA50. See

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: twinkerzzz

More
8 years 4 months ago #146364 by twinkerzzz
Replied by twinkerzzz on topic ESA50 is smaller & clashes with B&W answers guide
I found the online pdf ESA50.
I am finding the answer boxes only allow about half a dozen lines per box as you are directed to input answers in capital letters.

I guess the extra pages route is the best way to go.

n

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.