× Members

ESA payment query...help

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146371 by Sarah
ESA payment query...help was created by Sarah
So every two weeks I have my Esa put directly into my account each time it's always there just after midnight however today it wasn't and it turned up in my account at 11.00am but I noticed something different and wondered if anyone else had this happen or knows why it's showing like this..
Example of how It's normally referenced..
N.I no, dwp eesa , ref no, payment ref - credit transaction

Example of how it was referenced today...
N.I no, dwp jsa bgc, 3rd prty tfr ( faster payment ) payment method- credit transaction.

I don't get jsa I've never got jsa and I've always had a reference number plus it's £10 more than I normally get.

Any ideas on why? my only thought is they forgot and it was a emergency payment but why jsa when I get Esa?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146377 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA payment query...help

Sarah wrote: So every two weeks I have my Esa put directly into my account each time it's always there just after midnight however today it wasn't and it turned up in my account at 11.00am but I noticed something different and wondered if anyone else had this happen or knows why it's showing like this..
Example of how It's normally referenced..
N.I no, dwp eesa , ref no, payment ref - credit transaction

Example of how it was referenced today...
N.I no, dwp jsa bgc, 3rd prty tfr ( faster payment ) payment method- credit transaction.

I don't get jsa I've never got jsa and I've always had a reference number plus it's £10 more than I normally get.

Any ideas on why? my only thought is they forgot and it was a emergency payment but why jsa when I get Esa?

The ESA payment is piggy backed on the JSA one which is why emergency payments usually have a JSA reference, I'm guessing that for some reason the normal processing of your payment failed and it was pushed through manually by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarah

More
8 years 4 months ago #146393 by Alfie's Mummy
Replied by Alfie's Mummy on topic ESA payment query...help
I had the same problem with my husband's ESA payment today. I rang them and she had to do the payment whilst I was on the phone. He had his £10 Xmas bonus added as well. His payment came up as JSA instead of ESA as well.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146402 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic ESA payment query...help
It is purely because they have to manually add the Christmas bonus to certain claimants and as Gordon said the fast payments system is JSA linked so shows up like that. It has worked like that for sometime and the same happens if your claim is looked at because of other benefit departments looking or asking i.e.. housing benefit so nothing to worry about. It worried me first time but has happened a few times over few years and had it explained by someone who worked there.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.