× Members

DWP Xmas Opening Hours

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146422 by Capten
DWP Xmas Opening Hours was created by Capten
Hello, all,

I'm my husband's carer and haven't been on this forum for a few years so I hope I'm in the right section.

Getting ready for DLA to PIP over the coming weeks. Have found Xmas Opening Hours for Jobcentre+, but cannot find them for the DWP - does anyone know if they are the same?

And does anyone know how long you get to fill out the form once you've made your initial telephone call after receiving The Letter? Again, if I shouldn't be asking this please feel free to delete - I have ME so struggle with the forum search.

I'm sure I'll see you on here again in the coming weeks. :whistle:

In the meantime, best holiday wishes to all, esp. the moderators, Steve & Staff :)
Mrs. Capten (aka Hardyards)

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146436 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP Xmas Opening Hours
Hi and welcome back :)

Please don't worry, this is a perfectly appropriate question for the forum.

I believe that DWP take an extra bank holiday between Christmas and the New Year. As Monday and ?Friday are b/hols anyway, that leaves us with a choice/guess between Tues, Wed and Thurs.

Once the PIP2 form has arrived the claimant has 4 weeks, from the date on the letter, in which to get it completed and returned. If there are problems a 2 week extension can be requested, at the moment I have not heard from anyone who has had this request rejected.

It is important that you return the actual form that you are sent as it will be marked with a unique bar-code that identifies the claimant. However, there is nothing to stop you making a start as a word document if you want to get ahead of the game. This is the link to our PIP guides

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capten

More
8 years 4 months ago #146566 by slcook10
Replied by slcook10 on topic DWP Xmas Opening Hours
Almost certain DWP is closed 24th Dec reopens Tues 29th Dec and closed New years day also in between Xmas & New Year there maybe less staff in the offices etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capten

More
8 years 4 months ago #146692 by Capten
Replied by Capten on topic DWP Xmas Opening Hours
Many thanks, Mrs H and Scaboo, for lifting the veil - hope you both have a wonderful relaxing holiday :)

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 4 months ago #146700 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic DWP Xmas Opening Hours
Does this mean that also the f2f assessors of PIP claimants in the centres and doing home visits will also have these days off over the Christmas and New Year period? Also are any assessments ever done on Saturdays and Sundays for PIP? Thank you.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146711 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Xmas Opening Hours

Heffy wrote: Does this mean that also the f2f assessors of PIP claimants in the centres and doing home visits will also have these days off over the Christmas and New Year period? Also are any assessments ever done on Saturdays and Sundays for PIP? Thank you.

I would expect them to be working over the Christmas period although they may not do as many assessments due reduced staffing levels. I believe that ATOS di assessments over the weekend although I don't know how regularly, I'm not sure whether Capita do as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.