× Members

PIP Application

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146679 by te1
PIP Application was created by te1
I have made a PIP claim. My paperwork had to be submitted by 26th November 2015, which I sent by Special Delivery (the Royal Mail tracker shows that it has been received and signed for). I have not received any communication from DWP to acknowledge receipt of my claim form or what will happen next.

Is it usual not to receive acknowledgement of an application? Do I need to contact the DWP?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146680 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Application

te1 wrote: I have made a PIP claim. My paperwork had to be submitted by 26th November 2015, which I sent by Special Delivery (the Royal Mail tracker shows that it has been received and signed for). I have not received any communication from DWP to acknowledge receipt of my claim form or what will happen next.

Is it usual not to receive acknowledgement of an application? Do I need to contact the DWP?

Hi te1,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It would not be the norm to receive written confirmation of receipt of your PIP 2 Form.

It is good that you have confirmation of delivery !

The next thing that you may hear is an appointment for a face to face assessment if one is deemed necessary.

You could ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

I do not know whether or not you used our PIP Guides when filling in your PIP 2 Form, but here are some links that you may find helpful for future reference :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

Please let us know how things are progressing by replying to this topic !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.