× Members

ESA Reassessment

More
8 years 4 months ago #146776 by Johnny
ESA Reassessment was created by Johnny
Hi

Just wanted to be clear in my head about ESA reassessments.

I am in Support Group for mental health reasons for close to 3 years now and am expecting a reassessment soon. If I receive notice that I have to be reassessed do I have to fill in the ESA1 as if I were a new claimant ? In other words, starting from scratch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146780 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Reassessment
No you won't be starting from scratch as such.
You will need to fill in ESA50 probably which will be sent to you once you register by phone after getting the dreaded brown envelope.
You can refer to your last claim and probably should go through it to familiarise yourself with the claim and evidence you submitted.
You should probably obtain new evidence to cnfirm your ability to carry out the activities at that time but using the guide we offer on this site will give you your best chance.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146782 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic ESA Reassessment
I see! That's helpful thanks. My condition has not improved and I actually have a little more evidence this time round.

In terms of my recent PIP claim, having been turned down I sent a MR letter first class on Thursday of last week. I'm tempted to ring them on Monday to see if they received it. Do you think I might be to early in asking them, perhaps I should wait till Wednesday?

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146784 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Reassessment
It may be a little early, they have to scan it into the computer before anyone reads it or takes any action.
It depends on how your area is doing in the admin competency side as to how long they'll take.
We really can't estimate. Anything from less than a week to over 8 weeks at present.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.