× Members

Mobility

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146795 by Louise
Mobility was created by Louise
Hi, my mom has an indefinite award for high mobility on dla my question is if she applied for a mobility car is it likely to trigger a pip application? Thank you in advance
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146796 by
Replied by on topic Mobility

Louise wrote: Hi, my mom has an indefinite award for high mobility on dla my question is if she applied for a mobility car is it likely to trigger a pip application? Thank you in advance

Hi L,

As : Motability are an independent charitable organisation, applying for a lease car under their scheme should not instigate Mum's transfer from DLA to PIP.

However, she should be aware that if she was under 65 years old on 08/04/13, that her transfer to PIP can happen at any time over the next 2-3 years.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The Forum.

If she has a Motability car at the time of her transfer to PIP, and fails to obtain an Enhanced Mobility PIP Award, she will have to : Return the lease car to Motability.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146800 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Mobility
Thank you for your reply. We was worried in case motability contact dwp and it triggers anything.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146803 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mobility

Louise wrote: Thank you for your reply. We was worried in case motability contact dwp and it triggers anything.

No, Motability do not contact DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.