× Members

p.I.p medical assement help !

• robster604
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #146984 by robster604
p.I.p medical assement help ! was created by robster604
Hi thanks for reading my post, I have filled out p.ip question form with great advice with your guides, I have been told I willl have a medical at my home address! Is this a good thing? It is tues29th Dec all Xmas been worried sick about it!
Any advice about the medical how can I be more prepared for it?
Do they ask question to try trick you into fail question? Like I feel they did with my ESA! But won that at tribunal,
I have connective tissue disease ,inflammatory artritas, m.e
, bilateral prutusion with degenerative changes in hips,
Snoyvitas in joints, dengentertive discs in lower back, major depression and had, I ve given soo much good medical evedince feel they not be leave I struggle with life, any advice appreciated, cheers :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146985 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic p.I.p medical assement help !
Hi Rob

A home assessment isn't a good or bad thing as such.

It may be helpful if you can get someone to be there with you when they come to answer door etc and act as witness. How the appointment goes is a bit of a lottery. You may get a good assessor or bad one. They may try to trick you or just do rthe assessment. They may lie in the report or tell the truth. Its impossible to know. Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.
There is some information in the guides about what to expect although a home assessment may vary.
There are posts on the forum from people who've had home assessments so if you trawl through a few pages you will pick up some info.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146986 by linz17
Replied by linz17 on topic p.I.p medical assement help !
My husband had a home assess. & we found it a more favourable approach. You are at your own home/comfort zone. We put out the various aids we have purchased, wheel chair, walking sticks. My husband has a perch stool which he used when asked to stand etc. (similar condition to your) he said no when asked to do exercises that he could not do. We found no trick questions, but a note was taken of EVERYTHING he said. As foss says, make sure you have someone with you & only answer the question asked, my husband enlarged too much on some & it was noted.
Good luck x

More
8 years 4 months ago #146987 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic p.I.p medical assement help !
Be careful with picking things up, abit of adrenaline can make you do things that you normally find impossible, if your joints don't normally move without pain, make it apparent, don't make them whatever. You can say no if they ask you to do anything that you find is painful. However showing things that you can do, limited though they are will show your honesty.

Good luck

More
8 years 4 months ago #146991 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic p.I.p medical assement help !
It is not and never was a medical it is a physical assessment of capability.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146994 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic p.I.p medical assement help !
Thanks oldman.

It is worth remembering it is all about your ability to carry out the activities.

Don't get bogged down or sidetracked into long explanations of your medical conditions, it is how they affect you and using your supporting evidence to prove your limitations.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.