× Members

ESA report lies and MP

More
8 years 3 months ago #147084 by arjayce
ESA report lies and MP was created by arjayce
Just thought I would let you know.....
I asked for a copy of my ESA assessment report and found that it contained quite a few inaccuracies (lies) about things the HCP said I achieved when I didn't. A letter was sent to the DWP about this but heard nothing so after 4 weeks contacted my MP. I then received a phone call from the CHDA saying that errors had been made by the HCP and that the DWP would contact me about it. I also received a copy of an e-mail the CHDA had sent to my MP detailing the findings saying.... "..areas of the report have not been completed in accordance with our Professional Standards ". . The DWP did contact me and now I have to go through the gruelling process again and fill in another ESA50 and an assessment all because of the lies the HCP told. Something needs to be done about this and I will contact my MP again if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147086 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA report lies and MP
Hi Arjayce

there isn't a great deal to be said, is there. Obviously your MP has listened to what you have had to say and the DWP have responded in the only way possible. I'm sorry you have to go through the whole procedure again - hopefully whoever examines you this time will take adequate time and care to produce a report that is completed 'in accordance....' since they will be aware that you ARE prepared to take matter further.

Perhaps the MP is the first step to take when you have a grievance - if everyone who felt that their case had not been dealt with adequately or fairly were to approach their MP, then maybe the Government as a whole would begin to realise the depth of misery and hurt caused by these 'interviews' and rethink the whole approach to dealing with people with health issues. Maybe. It would certainly give individual MPs pause for thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sara

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147091 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA report lies and MP
Hi

It seems completely unneccessary to ask you to start the claim again.
Surely the DWP could just have ordered another assessment?

I fully endorse the MP route. I think MPs would start to take a different attitude if everyone contacted their MP when the process failed.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147128 by Kazzy
Replied by Kazzy on topic ESA report lies and MP
My report after my WCA was incredulous. Full of things I never even said!
So applied for MR, now got an appeal date sounds like quite of lot homework on this to look up.
Moderators - you do a great job, thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Sara

More
8 years 3 months ago #147235 by Janb
Replied by Janb on topic ESA report lies and MP
Hello Kazzy, my medical assessment report had quit a few lies too. Requested a Mandatory reconsideration and mentioned this and they totally ignored me and said "there decision hasn't changed"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sara

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.