× Members

esa3 & personel pension

More
8 years 4 months ago #147160 by dayton
esa3 & personel pension was created by dayton
DWP form ESA3 asks for bank statements can I print off my account online or do they have to be official bank statements with the banks letterhead etc. also as I am 60 years old do I have to draw my personel pension if my wife is recieving contributory esa & is now claiming income related esa I care full time for my wife and reiceive carers allowance she also receives both enhanced rates of pip .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147166 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3 & personel pension

dayton wrote: DWP form ESA3 asks for bank statements can I print off my account online or do they have to be official bank statements with the banks letterhead etc. also as I am 60 years old do I have to draw my personel pension if my wife is recieving contributory esa & is now claiming income related esa I care full time for my wife and reiceive carers allowance she also receives both enhanced rates of pip .

For the bank statements you will have to contact the DWP, I doubt that they have kept up with the modern trend for paperless banking, you could just send the printer versions but if they are not suitable it will add a considerable delay to the claim.

I can't give you a definitive answer on the pension, you need to get face to face advice on this from a trained advisor.

From the benefits point of view it should depend on whether you are of an age to claim Pension Credit or not, this will be based on the age of a woman born on the dame day. If you are not then there should be no requirement for you claim the pension, if you are then you will be treated as receiving the pension whether you are receiving it or not.

However, this may be further complicated by the terms and conditions of your pension, which the advisor will need to see.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris