× Members

JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

More
8 years 2 months ago #149693 by mrsboop
Replied by mrsboop on topic JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Hi,

I have just found the letters i was thinking of, dont know if i can say this but it was on the fightback website.

Thanks to Bro 58 for sending the links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149695 by mrsboop
Me again.

i have just received my PA4 form.

This all seems mindboggling to me.

Can we first clear this up, there is a lot of shortened words (cant think of the right words)

CQ=client Questionnaire
FME=
SOH=
MSK=
IO=MSE

I have also noticed at the bottom of all the pages timings ranging from 15:43:19 to 15:43;21 does this mean it took her 2 seconds to do this form!!!! not sure what it means

I have only had a quick read through and there is some things wrong, somethings ommitted etc.

on every activity the assessor had wrote a line or two of her personal observations and then put this It is reasonable to suggest that she can complete this task safely and repeatedly the majority of the time.

I also noted that she had saw me throw my scarf around my neck ( as if skipping backwards) and that now this also plays a big part in the activities saying i can do it because i managed to handle my scarf.

She also said there was ALOT of evidence but would not have any more new evidence that i had taken with me.

Just wandered if any one had any useful advice

Bro58 your help is needed again please

More
8 years 2 months ago #149702 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
mrsboop

I'm afraid there is not a list of abbreviations, the following are best guesses.

FME - Final Medical Examination or Further Medical Evidence
SOH - State of Health
MSK - musculoskeletal
MSE - Mental State Examination (not sure about the IO)

Handling your scarf would indicate that you are unlikely to have problems reaching up, this would suggest that you could wash your hair and pull clothes over your head.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149703 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Thanks G,

Yes, some of these Abbreviations are clarified in the "Sample" PA4 Medical Report which can be downloaded from the link : "PIP Sample medical report Our own sample version of a PIP PA4 medical report form." on This Page

Apparently, IO = Informal Observations.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149707 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Hi mp,

There are also links below the one mentioned above, Re : the PIPAT Software that they use to carry out the assessment.

This is why I always warn members that :

"You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the PIP PA4 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP."

If you think any statements such as the one regarding the "scarf" are contrary to your actually limitations and you scoring points, it is those statements that you should concentrate on challenging.

e.g :

"saw me throw my scarf around my neck ( as if skipping backwards) and that now this also plays a big part in the activities saying i can do it because i managed to handle my scarf."

You could counter this, if you suffered pain, discomfort, etc, in doing so, and cannot perform this action "Reliably" for "The Majority of Days" (that being the case of course) if the Assessor failed to mention this.

You should support the fact that you cannot carry out any actions, such as the one above "Reliably" and "Safely" for "The Majority of Days" by highlighting any medical evidence, etc that you may have, or have already provided which strongly indicates that you can't !

That is how you should approach challenging all/any errant statements made by The Assessor that are relevant to you scoring points where you did not.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149788 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic JUST HAD MY PIP MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
Jesus, if this is what I got to look forward to god help me.

You have had one hell of a rough ride here.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrsboop

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.