× Members

How long must I wait

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147285 by Sam
How long must I wait was created by Sam
Any body know how long before I can be asses For esa , it's been since July and they say I'm in a que but know one in there office can tell me how long before I get appointment I'm getting fed up waiting ,,thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147289 by
Replied by on topic How long must I wait

Sam wrote: Any body know how long before I can be asses For esa , it's been since July and they say I'm in a que but know one in there office can tell me how long before I get appointment I'm getting fed up waiting ,,thanks

Hi S,

As you will be aware, the ESA WCA is "supposed" to take place within the first 13 weeks of your ESA claim.

In reality, it can take much longer, some of our members have waited over 12 months in the past.

Unfortunately, there is nothing in legislation that you can use to force DWP/Maximus to carry out the WCA quicker.

If you are suffering financial difficulties due to being kept on Assessment Rate ESA you can contact DWP ESA, inform them of this, and request that they tell Maximus (CHDA, HAAS) to get a move on !

If the DWP are not helpful, you could complain to your M.P.

Contacting your MP

Once you are assessed, any award of WRAG or SG will be backdated to the start of week 14 of your claim.

ESA Claims Guides

ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #147320 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic How long must I wait
I applied in June and got put in the support group in September without a f2f assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.