× Members

esa50 medical form

More
8 years 3 months ago #147292 by ridgewood
esa50 medical form was created by ridgewood
Hi Mods
Hope you all had a nice break over the christmas period, and my best wishes to you all for 2016.

I finished the above back in october, I have 2 questions to ask,
!. Do I need to have 3 copies of medical reports, i.e. one for dm, one for maximus, and to keep 1 for when my transfer to pip happens

2. Do I need to put my name dob and insurance number on every report.

Bet you are going to say yes,

I am kinda of hoping I will get re-assessed soon, as I spent months filling out the form on computer, I was due april 2015. not that I am particularly thrilled by the prospect, but I also worry, that they may yet again move the goal post on the esa 50,?. by the time I am re-assessed.
regards rapheal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147305 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic esa50 medical form
Hi

You kinda lose the bet :) as you only need to supply one copy of all paperwork for the DWP to share and keep a copy for your own records.

You don't neccessarily need to put all info on all the paperwork. Your name should be enough unless you are answering questions on seperate sheets of paper in which case it is best to put your info and clearly state which question you are answering. Treating them as incompetent and incapable is a good place to start.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147311 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic esa50 medical form
thanks for the reply. so if I am reading you right, I just send medical letters/reports to the dm?
So Maximus would not have to see, these unless Iloose sg status, and have to ask dm to look at my case, because on the ea50 questionnaire, I have put see report 1 eg, next to the condition I have listed, so this means I now have to go through it again and delete all of that.?
Thanks rapheal
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147317 by
Replied by on topic esa50 medical form

rapheal wrote: thanks for the reply. so if I am reading you right, I just send medical letters/reports to the dm?
So Maximus would not have to see, these unless Iloose sg status, and have to ask dm to look at my case, because on the ea50 questionnaire, I have put see report 1 eg, next to the condition I have listed, so this means I now have to go through it again and delete all of that.?
Thanks rapheal

Hi r,

Just to be clear, you should send copies of all medical reports and supporting evidence to Maximus (aka CHDA) (aka HAAS) along with your ESA50.

Keep the originals for your own file.

We used to advise that you also sent copy of your ESA50 and supporting documents to The ESA DM to ensure that they also had access to exactly the same evidence as (ATOS) Maximus, when coming to their decision.

This advice was given at a time when ATOS were doing assessments and were sometimes "losing" claimant's documents, so sending copy to The ESA DM was a backup in case this happened.

We still advise sending copy to The ESA DM under certain scenarios as laid out in : This FAQ

So sending your ESA50 plus supporting evidence to Maximus when an ESA50 is issued to you and you are requested to fill it in and return it is a Must, sending copy to The DM also is a Choice dependent on the circumstances.

Remember to treat any ESA50 issued to you as a result of a reassessment just as you would if it was your first ESA50.

Do not assume that the ESA Assessor or The DM will have access to your historical evidence, The Assessor may not even be aware of your current award.

I would put your Name, DOB, NI Number, etc at the top of any added documents that do not already include that information, you can also number any added pages 1 of xx, 2 of xx, 3 of xx, 4 of xx, etc, etc.

See the following also :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (CHDA)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #147338 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic esa50 medical form
thank you so much bro 58, at least now I do not have to amend the esa50, I can send it to maximus as it is, (when requested). a load of my mind.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.