× Members

partner work focused interview

More
8 years 3 months ago #147302 by Dougle
partner work focused interview was created by Dougle
hello folks. my wife has been told by letter that she MUST attend a partners work focused interview.She works part time up to 24 hours per week.I am in the Support Group due to illness.
She is NOT registered as my carer . We rang the DWP and explained that she works part time etc and they insisted that she must attend or lose benefits.
Must she attend?
thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147308 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic partner work focused interview

Dougle wrote: hello folks. my wife has been told by letter that she MUST attend a partners work focused interview.She works part time up to 24 hours per week.I am in the Support Group due to illness.
She is NOT registered as my carer . We rang the DWP and explained that she works part time etc and they insisted that she must attend or lose benefits.
Must she attend?
thanks for any help

I'm afraid this is a legal requirement and your benefit can be suspended if she does not attend.

It should be possible to arrange an appointment that does not impact on hew working hours.

In reality this is a tick box exercise, they will ask if there is anything that they can do to help her increase the number of hours that she is working and if there is anything else that they can help her with and that will be about it. She cannot be required to work more (or at all) and cannot be required to perform Work Related Activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147310 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic partner work focused interview
much appreciated as ever ..thanks so much for your help. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.