× Members

ESA

More
8 years 3 months ago #147332 by Glamgran
ESA was created by Glamgran
I would be grateful for some advice. I am currently receiving ESA in the work related group although because of back problems I have not worked since 1996.

I have a telephone call from DWP every six months but even they think I should be moved into the support group.

How do I go about arranging this please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147347 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Glamgran wrote: I would be grateful for some advice. I am currently receiving ESA in the work related group although because of back problems I have not worked since 1996.

I have a telephone call from DWP every six months but even they think I should be moved into the support group.

How do I go about arranging this please?

The first question you need to ask yourself is whether you meet the criteria for the Support Group. See the ESA Claim guides for details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147368 by Glamgran
Replied by Glamgran on topic ESA
Thank you Gordon for replying to my message.

Yes, I do meet the criteria.
I am unable to walk any distance without pain and having to stop.
The same goes for sitting down. Any more than a few minutes and I am in a lot of pain.

The woman from DWP advised me to get my doctor to write a letter to them advising that I was unable to work. Following receipt of the letter I would then be asked to attend another assessment.

However, at my doctor's surgery, most of the GP's are locum and I don't know them well enough to ask for a letter.
Should I ask the DWP to write to the doctor direct?

Thank you for any advice.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147380 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Glamgran

You need to write to the DWP asking to be re-assessed on the basis of a deteriorated condition.

I'm afraid it is extremely unlikely that the DWP will write to your GP practice for information, the onus is on you to provide evidence that you now meet the SG criteria.

This will be a full review of your claim, not just whether you should now be in the SG, so you need to complete the new ESA50 that will be issued in detail or you risk your current WRAG award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.