× Members

esa

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147333 by ann
esa was created by ann
my daughter has been put in wrag group not to happy about this as I feel she should be in support group with all her problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147348 by
Replied by on topic esa

ann wrote: my daughter has been put in wrag group not to happy about this as I feel she should be in support group with all her problems

Hi a,

If your daughter should have been placed into The SG, rather than The WRAG, and you wish to challenge the WRAG decision, your only alternative is to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the WRAG decision within one month of the date of the WRAG Decision Notice letter.

See : ESA MR/Appeals Guidance

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

As your daughter had a face to face assessment, you could ring ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

and request a copy of the ESA85 Medical Report which would have been compiled by the Assessor at the face to face and sent to The DWP ESA Decision Maker.

You could back up your verbal request with a written request, but this should be done as a separate issue to your written MR request :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

The important issue with an MR and any subsequent appeal will be to reiterate how and why your daughter should have been placed into The SG at the time of The WRAG decision either by fulfilling at least one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors or if not via that route, by fulfilling : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

You might want to review our : ESA Claims Guides to refresh yourself regarding SG qualification.

Whilst the MR/Appeals process is ongoing, your daughter will continue to receive WRAG rate ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #147511 by ann
Replied by ann on topic esa
my daughter went to jc today she has been put in wrag group for two years it went well she has not to go again for three months feeling a lot better about her being in wrag group still going to send for her medical notes next hurdle will be dla to pip thanks for all your help
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.