× Members

pip consultation

• rob
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147355 by rob
pip consultation was created by rob
supporting afriend whos been called in tomorrow for a second assesment.origional award from a reconsidered decision made 15 jan 2015 award period now from 11th march 2014 to september 2016.letter says the hp will talk to you about how your health condition affects your daily life.this will not be a full physical examination or an attempt to diagnose your symptoms.there has been no new forms sent to fill in and their letter is dated 30/12/2015 so could not get a docs appt. for an updated letter.any advice at this late stage of how to tackle this interview?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #147358 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip consultation

rob wrote: supporting afriend whos been called in tomorrow for a second assesment.origional award from a reconsidered decision made 15 jan 2015 award period now from 11th march 2014 to september 2016.letter says the hp will talk to you about how your health condition affects your daily life.this will not be a full physical examination or an attempt to diagnose your symptoms.there has been no new forms sent to fill in and their letter is dated 30/12/2015 so could not get a docs appt. for an updated letter.any advice at this late stage of how to tackle this interview?

Hi r,

If this is the first appointment for a face to face with respect to a review of the existing PIP award, you could contact ATOS or Capita to try and rearrange this appointment, although it is rather late in the day !!

You are allowed to rearrange once, but your friend would have to ensure that they attended any remade appointment or their PIP payments may cease.

Contact ATOS

Contact Capita : Contact Capita.

Although a PIP Award can be reviewed at any time for any reason, one would have expected your friend to have received PIP Review Forms prior to any face to face assessment appointment.

If you are to attend with him, you could reiterate that he did not receive any review forms that being the case and give details of how and why they still qualify for the appropriate PIP awards.

Further, if after the face to face, your friend can obtain fresh supporting evidence, he could forward copy of it ASAP FAO : The PIP Case Manager (DM) at the address of the office dealing with his PIP.

There will always be a time period of a week or so between the PIP Assessor sending the PIP PA4 Medical Report to The PIP Case Manager who makes the decision, and the actual decision being made.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Personally, if the letter for an appointment to the face to face was the first that I had heard regarding a review of my existing award, I would be querying why I had not received PIP Review Forms enabling me to update my current limitations and would be pushing for them and a rearranged appointment.

You are supposed to be given 7 days written notice when an appointment for a face to face is made.

You could complain or threaten to complain to his M.P. :

Contacting your MP

You can read what to expect from around Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

There are also examples of The PA4 PIP Medical Report that the Assessor will compile and send to The DWP PIP Decision Maker accessible from the link on : This Page

You can read through the Guidance given to PIP Assessment Providers (ATOS or Capita) from the link in : This Post.

Mods are going off-line now until 2PM tomorrow, although you can post 24/7.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.