× Members

Managing Therapy?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147369 by mommaduck
Managing Therapy? was created by mommaduck
Is wearing prescribed wrist/hand splints considered therapy?

I wear splints on both hands/wrists prescribed by a consultant and fitted by a physio in conjunction with an OT. I am instructed to wear them at all times bar bathing.

They are very difficult to put on correctly and get them at the correct tension. I can't do this myself, so not sure if this comes under 'Managing Therapy' or is considered as "Dressing and Undressing', if you see what I mean, or should I add this in to both sections keeping my options open? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147382 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Managing Therapy?

mommaduck wrote: Is wearing prescribed wrist/hand splints considered therapy?

I wear splints on both hands/wrists prescribed by a consultant and fitted by a physio in conjunction with an OT. I am instructed to wear them at all times bar bathing.

They are very difficult to put on correctly and get them at the correct tension. I can't do this myself, so not sure if this comes under 'Managing Therapy' or is considered as "Dressing and Undressing', if you see what I mean, or should I add this in to both sections keeping my options open? :dry:

I think it would come under Managing Therapy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.