× Members

PIP /ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147473 by Lisa
PIP /ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE was created by Lisa
Hi
I am very confused!
My PIP form arrived on 31st December (Happy New Year)
I became 65 on 14 July 2015, 3 months after cut off date of April.
I understood if you were on DLA when you turned 65 you were automatically transferred over to AA and nothing changed.
I am now 67 and I guess there is no transfer due to the cut of date?? and am now unsure if I can able to apply for AA or do I have to have received PIP benefit first??
Please can someone help with this query I would be so obliged.

Lisa
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #147476 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP /ATTENDANCE ALLOWANCE

Lisa wrote: Hi
I am very confused!
My PIP form arrived on 31st December (Happy New Year)
I became 65 on 14 July 2015, 3 months after cut off date of April.
I understood if you were on DLA when you turned 65 you were automatically transferred over to AA and nothing changed.
I am now 67 and I guess there is no transfer due to the cut of date?? and am now unsure if I can able to apply for AA or do I have to have received PIP benefit first??
Please can someone help with this query I would be so obliged.

Lisa

Hi L,

As you were under 65 years old on 08/04/13, you will be invited to claim PIP.

You will be reassessed under PIP qualifying criteria for both Daily Living and Mobility Components of PIP.

If it ensues that you do not receive any form of PIP Award, DL or Mobility, after fully exhausting your appeal rights, as you will then be over 65 you could make a claim for AA which does not include a Mobility Component.

If you do receive a PIP Award, of either or both components, you will continue to receive PIP for as long as you qualify under the criteria.

If there had been no national transfer scheme from DLA to PIP, you would have also continued to receive DLA after the age of 65 for as long as you fulfilled that qualifying criteria.

See : This Post.

See also : PIP Self Test

PIP Points Scoring System

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You should be aware that qualifying criteria for DLA and PIP differ greatly, so you should use our Guides.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.