× Members

Linking Information in ESA Claim Form

More
8 years 5 months ago #147651 by MSCarer
Linking Information in ESA Claim Form was created by MSCarer
Much of the information I mention in the claim form is related and applicable to many of the different questions. Do assessors take this into consideration? So if I mention information in Moving Around and Using Steps, some of this is relevant to Standing and Sitting - do I have to re-write it all again in the other section or else can I just refer them to also consider what has been written already in other sections, for example, could I write "please also refer to the information that I have given in question 2"?

Also, if I do not make any linking or reference to other sections, will the assessors just automatically do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #147660 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Linking Information in ESA Claim Form

MSCarer wrote: Much of the information I mention in the claim form is related and applicable to many of the different questions. Do assessors take this into consideration? So if I mention information in Moving Around and Using Steps, some of this is relevant to Standing and Sitting - do I have to re-write it all again in the other section or else can I just refer them to also consider what has been written already in other sections, for example, could I write "please also refer to the information that I have given in question 2"?

Also, if I do not make any linking or reference to other sections, will the assessors just automatically do this?

I'm afraid you cannot assume that either the assessor or a Decision Maker will make any assumptions on your capabilities from one Descriptor to another, so you need to explain in full any limitations that you have for each question that they are relevant to, even if this means repeating yourself.

You can use the PDF version of the ESA50 or attached pages prepared on your computer if it would be helpful. See

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus, ATOS or Capita

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MSCarer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.