× Members

Refer to my ES A claim from PIP claim

More
8 years 5 months ago #147675 by Niamh
Hello all

The DWP form , for my PIP claim , asks if I wish my ESA claim to be used in medical evidence. I an currently filling in PIP questionnaire as I am on DLA at present. I was awarded ESA recently for two years . I have written to ask for a copy of written reasons and the points awarded in my medical for ESA However is it a good idea , to say yes , to allow the DWP to refer to my ESA claim for my PIP claim, As my understanding is that they are two different legal tests ?PIP form has to go in on Friday 15 January 2016 .Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #147693 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Refer to my ES A claim from PIP claim

Niamh wrote: Hello all

The DWP form , for my PIP claim , asks if I wish my ESA claim to be used in medical evidence. I an currently filling in PIP questionnaire as I am on DLA at present. I was awarded ESA recently for two years . I have written to ask for a copy of written reasons and the points awarded in my medical for ESA However is it a good idea , to say yes , to allow the DWP to refer to my ESA claim for my PIP claim, As my understanding is that they are two different legal tests ?PIP form has to go in on Friday 15 January 2016 .Help!

There are some areas of overlap between ESA and PIP so it possible for the DWP to use a report from one benefit to determine the other, however, even if you say yes there is no guarantee that they will review the ESA reports when looking at PIP.

Our recommendation is that you attach any evidence you want the assessor or Decision Maker to see to your PIP2 form, that way there can be no argument that you want them to review it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niamh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.