× Members

PIP initial claim call question - conditions query

• Rainbowgroovy
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #147705 by Rainbowgroovy
I found the call person recently rather abrupt and overall a very different experience to when I went through the ESA call 18 months+ before (took a long time to settle it but :) support group with no assessment).

Anyways, my question is I am wondering about where they're meant to ask about if you have certain conditions such as mental health or learning difficulties, memory issues or problems with form filling. I was asked only if had autism or ADHD with a stress on the word 'severe (aspergers was dismissed)', Fragile X etc and nothing about memory, other learning difficulties or form filling issues which are a major issue for me.

I wasn't asked if I see anyone about these either which seems odd too. Has this all changed from ESA to PIP or was I just unlucky with a real jobsworth with a chip on their shoulder that day? It seems to go against what's in the PIP1 form as far as I can see too.

Any advice welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147708 by foss27
Hi

I think you should give them feedback on your experience. It sounds less than great.
You can visit their website and see all their spiel about their dedication to perfect customer service and probably find an email address.
You can find out how to complain in our FAQ section from the link down the left hand side of any of our webpages.

• Rainbowgroovy
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #147837 by Rainbowgroovy
Replied by Rainbowgroovy on topic PIP initial claim call question - conditions query
Thanks foss27, may do and will have a look. Just remembered rather oddly, they also asked for specific details of who was going to help me with the form in that saying e.g. CAB wasn't enough and they wanted to call back with a name if/when I knew more. All very strange.

Just wondering if any else has had a similiar experience especially if they have aspergers/autism, memory, form filling problems etc?

What exactly is the reason they ask these questions anyway - does it make a difference about having a paper assessment or in person etc?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147840 by Gordon

Rainbowgroovy wrote: Thanks foss27, may do and will have a look. Just remembered rather oddly, they also asked for specific details of who was going to help me with the form in that saying e.g. CAB wasn't enough and they wanted to call back with a name if/when I knew more. All very strange.

Just wondering if any else has had a similiar experience especially if they have aspergers/autism, memory, form filling problems etc?

What exactly is the reason they ask these questions anyway - does it make a difference about having a paper assessment or in person etc?

No, it won't make a difference to the assessment , this will be based on your PIP2 and the evidence that you attach.

The questions are supposed to help the DWP decide whether to offer six weeks to complete the PIP2 or the normal four, however, I don't know of anybody who has been given the six weeks from the outset.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147846 by foss27
The offer of help sounds interesting.

If they ring back and offer you a name please let us know.
Finding a benefits advisor, particularly free of charge, is difficult. Do they have resources we don't know about or are they literally just offering someone to fill in the form in which case you probably would be better off with the CAB as they do offer advice and help on how to fill in the form.

• Rainbowgroovy
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #147862 by Rainbowgroovy
Replied by Rainbowgroovy on topic PIP initial claim call question - conditions query
foss27, they may have asked was I having anyone help me fill out the form. In any case, I meant CAB help. DWP person wanted me to ring back with the name of the person helping which I thought was odd?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.