× Members

PIP Assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago #148069 by janfran1992
PIP Assessment was created by janfran1992
I recently had a friend who was asked to go to Chelmsford for her PIP Assessment, when she lives in North London. Apparently, the DWP have stated that you must attend an Assessment Centre within a 90 minute travel radius of where you live. She did not query this and got a cab both ways that she had to pay for and then claim back. The whole trip cost her £140. She is physically disabled and cannot walk more than a few yards, however, the nearest train station to the Assessment Centre was a 15 minute walk. This is a joke. :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148071 by janfran1992
Replied by janfran1992 on topic PIP Assessment
A friend was asked to go to an Assessment Centre 10 miles away from where she lives. She phoned and asked for closer and they gave her another appointment 8 miles from where she lives. I phoned and asked them to make it closer as she is physically disabled and can't walk far. They told me as they had already changed it once, they would not do it again. So I asked if the Assessment could be done in her home. They said no. I wouldn't take no for an answer and rang DWP, who said the Assessments can be done at home and they would contact ATOS to make an appointment for her. Before the appointment was made, she received her PIP award without an Assessment. So, the moral of the story is, if you think the distance for the Assessment is too far, ask for nearer, and it its still too far, ask the DWP for a home Assessment. Although ATOS say they no longer do Home Assessment, the DWP can insist they do. ;)

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148078 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Assessment
Hi jf1992,

Please do not make duplicate posts !

See : This Topic which is always near the top of the Forum and explains how we operate.

With respect to your posts, see the recent News Articles : Here and Here.

90 minutes either way, is the maximum travelling time that they can compel you to travel.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.