× Members

pip assessments decisions

More
8 years 3 months ago #148350 by caroline
pip assessments decisions was created by caroline
I had my PIP assessment on 30th December since found out it has been sent to DWP decision maker has anyone any idea how long it can be before they make their decision? I have stage four COPD emphysema and I'm being assessed for a lung transplant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #148354 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip assessments decisions

caroline wrote: I had my PIP assessment on 30th December since found out it has been sent to DWP decision maker has anyone any idea how long it can be before they make their decision? I have stage four COPD emphysema and I'm being assessed for a lung transplant.

Hi C,

2-4 Weeks on average, dependent on the workload of the DWP office dealing with your PIP Claim.

You could ring The PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #148409 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic pip assessments decisions
Phoned PIP and was told there is a letter on it's way asked what decision was it seems I'm still to get mobility enhanced rate they call it but no care. Will read through letter when it comes and see if I can ask for reconsideration on care, I'm being assessed for a lung transplant hope to be on the list before the summer so my care needs have changed. Will let you know what happens.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148419 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip assessments decisions

caroline wrote: Phoned PIP and was told there is a letter on it's way asked what decision was it seems I'm still to get mobility enhanced rate they call it but no care. Will read through letter when it comes and see if I can ask for reconsideration on care, I'm being assessed for a lung transplant hope to be on the list before the summer so my care needs have changed. Will let you know what happens.

Hi c,

Whilst on the phone did you ask them to send you a copy of The PA4 PIP Medical Report which is compiled by The PIP Assessor then sent to The DWP PIP DM ?

If not, you may wish to ring back and request a copy !

You can see examples of The PA4 on : This Page 5th link down !!

Fingers crossed for you !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148609 by caroline
Replied by caroline on topic pip assessments decisions
Thanks Bro58 I got my letter and have read through it I called DWP to ask for reconsideration on daily living I'll call tomorrow and ask for PA4 medical report be interesting to see what was written. I'm also going to write a letter as back up to my phone call. Will keep you updated. Thanks again. :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.