× Members

Help with my case DLA/ PIP 22 years on DLA worried

More
8 years 3 months ago #148500 by Gordon
holdingout

Can I state with 100% certainty that a new claim for ESA will trigger an invitation to PIP, no! Do I think it vey unlikely, yes!

What you should do from a financial point of view is a decision that only you can make, in particular we do not advise on Tax Credits but you do need to think to the future and the introduction of Universal Credits which will replace TC's.

Try and get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148525 by holdingout
Hi Gordon just a couple of points I would like addressed my husband as come down a hell of a road a 37 years long road from his 20s to now nearly is 60s, my questions are.

I noticed in one of your reply, that when replying you said, if there is no change in condition, that its 2 years 3 years on a random basis for pip appointments, have I missed some new new's, because we are here like most people in our situation quaking in our boots about the change from DLA to PIP, the assessment part, we are 22 years on indefinite car and middle rate care with my wifes being my carer for same time.

My other question is, I saw while reading the forum a person who wrote and said that he or she just won a indefinite period of PIP, because of two cronic conditions, and writing to dwp asking why the award, the dwp stated in a letter they felt because of the two cronic conditions that was the best outcome, does this mean that if you have cronic long term health problems that when you get the letter asking you to ring, and then you receive the form, that after giving all your evidence, that the dwp can say you don't have to go for a pip assessment ?? my husband finds it of course hard to read up about this, and to be honest so do I so your help is so much easier to comprehend .

More
8 years 3 months ago #148538 by Gordon
holdingout

I'm guessing that you did miss the news.

As of July last year, all DLA claimants on the UK mainland are eligible to be selected for PIP, the transfer is expected to take the next two to three years, claimants will be invited at random to start a PIP claim.

The decision on whether a face to face assessment will be required or not will depend on the information in your husband's PIP2 and the evidence attached to it, I'm afraid there is no way to predict whether a particular claimant will be able to avoid being interviewed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148833 by Jeanette
I have been on DLA since 1988 and had a traumatic assessment then which actually caused injury and resulted in surgery so you can imagine how I feel that I now have my assessment coming up. I wrote on the form that due to my illness it takes me a long time to get ready in a morning so they sent me an appointment for 9 am in the middle of a town centre. I feel sick to the stomach.
I wish you luck with your claim

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #148850 by foss27
Hi
Seems there are some conflicting views on this thread.

DLA was introduced in the early nineties.
It is possible to get an indefinite award of PIP but it is still subject to review.
If a person is not fit to work they get a fit note from their GP and claim ESA. The guide in our members forum will take you through this process with advice on how to make the best application you can to get an award based on your circumstances.
If your assessment appointment is not at a time or place suitable for you then you can ring and ask for a more suitable one.
You may be assessed and a decision made purely based on the paperzork you submit.
You may be asked to attend an assessment. You can ask for a home assessment. You need to get a supporting letter from your GP. It is at the discretion of the company carrying out the assessment although we feel it may contravene disability discrimination to force people to attend a centre, the only way to get clarification would be a legal challenge to a refusal.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148987 by holdingout
All the very best

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.