× Members

DLA to PIP transfer

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148580 by Twiggy64
DLA to PIP transfer was created by Twiggy64
Hi
This is my first post, my Husband has just received the pip 2 form. He has been getting DLA since it started mobility and care for over 20 years. Lifetime award. Should he ask the Dr for a letter to send with the form or let the DWP contact the DR for the information, plus we do not have copies of X-ray's scans or reports should we ask for these to send with the form.
Thanks
Twiggy 64
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #148585 by
Replied by on topic DLA to PIP transfer

Twiggy64 wrote: Hi
This is my first post, my Husband has just received the pip 2 form. He has been getting DLA since it started mobility and care for over 20 years. Lifetime award. Should he ask the Dr for a letter to send with the form or let the DWP contact the DR for the information, plus we do not have copies of X-ray's scans or reports should we ask for these to send with the form.
Thanks
Twiggy 64

Hi T64,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

See : This Post regarding requesting a letter of support from your G.P.

If you want The Assessors and The DWP PIP DM to take any supporting evidence into account, you should obtain it yourself and include it with The PIP 2 Form.

Even if you provide contact details for your G.P. or other treating HCP, and request that they are contacted, The Assessors nor The DWP are legally obliged to do so and seldom do !

See also :

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

&

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #149667 by Twiggy64
Replied by Twiggy64 on topic DLA to PIP transfer
The Dr has done a letter and given us a copy of consultants letter. We were charged £29.50 can we claim this back from the DWP?

8 years 3 months ago #149681 by

Twiggy64 wrote: The Dr has done a letter and given us a copy of consultants letter. We were charged £29.50 can we claim this back from the DWP?

Hi T64,

No, I am afraid that you can't claim the money back form DWP !

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151986 by Twiggy64
Replied by Twiggy64 on topic DLA to PIP transfer
We have had a letter from capita to say that they have got paper work. How long will it be before f2f. We are in rural Wales ?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152013 by

Twiggy64 wrote: We have had a letter from capita to say that they have got paper work. How long will it be before f2f. We are in rural Wales ?

Hi T64,

I have no idea, it would be dependent how busy they are in your area !! :)

Until recently, claimants were receiving contact regarding a F2F within a couple of weeks after returning their PIP 2 Forms, but we have seen a slowing down of the assessment procees.

You could give it a couple of weeks then : Contact Capita. for an update !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.