× Members

On holiday when I will have to claim pip

More
8 years 3 months ago #148929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip

domgem wrote: Thank you Gordon
As for presenting evidence I had a medical for ESA approx 3 years ago thersult of which I was put in the support group but I did not get a copy of medical assessment, question can I still get a copy of same or can I tell them that they can use that medical as evidence even though I have not seen it?

Unless you cannot provide more up to date evidence then I would not use it unless you can show that it is still applicable to your conditions as they are now. Also you will need to show applicability to the PIP Activities, although there is overlap between the two benefits the award criteria can be quite different.

The ESA85 is unlikely to be held at a DWP office so you will need to issue a Subject Access Request.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

We advise members to supply all evidence that they want to be considered, even if you say that you want this report to be used, the assessor and the Decision Maker are not required to look at this document and often do not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: saurin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149051 by saurin
Replied by saurin on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
Thank you Gordon for advice so far

Update I rang the 0800 917 2222 Monday morning saying I wanted to claim PIP was told that it could take 14 days to receive it, I explained my date problem and asked if it could be fast tracked she said she did not know the answer and told me to ring 0345 850 3322, I did this explained all again and she said did not know either and she said she would email the "decision makers" I think that is what she called them, she said they would ring me back within 24hrs, I'm still waiting. Now I'm not sure what to do ,should I risk calling the 0800 number again start the claim and risk the claim pack coming before I go away?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149076 by Gordon
[quote="domgem
" post=149051]Thank you Gordon for advice so far

Update I rang the 0800 917 2222 Monday morning saying I wanted to claim PIP was told that it could take 14 days to receive it, I explained my date problem and asked if it could be fast tracked she said she did not know the answer and told me to ring 0345 850 3322, I did this explained all again and she said did not know either and she said she would email the "decision makers" I think that is what she called them, she said they would ring me back within 24hrs, I'm still waiting. Now I'm not sure what to do ,should I risk calling the 0800 number again start the claim and risk the claim pack coming before I go away?[/quote]

I would wait until the 24 hours have elapsed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149309 by saurin
Replied by saurin on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
Thanks once again for you time. Update
Contacted the 0345 number again they said that the 24hrs call back was in fact a1 to 5day call back and it would be from a "case officer" question does a case officer a DWP employee or employed by the assessment company?
Anyone know?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149316 by Gordon

domgem wrote: Thanks once again for you time. Update
Contacted the 0345 number again they said that the 24hrs call back was in fact a1 to 5day call back and it would be from a "case officer" question does a case officer a DWP employee or employed by the assessment company?
Anyone know?

They are a DWP employee, a junior Decision Maker, although I would not refer to them as that. The PIP section is under staffed and so they have been training "up" administrative staff so they are able to make Decisions.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: saurin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.