× Members

On holiday when I will have to claim pip

More
8 years 3 months ago #148774 by saurin
Hi
Hope someone can advise just received a letter stating my indefinite award of DLA will end and I will have to apply for PIP by the 16 Feb but I will be away on holiday until the end of March anyone know what to do. If I apply now I will not be able to return the application before I go.
Help please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148777 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip

domgem wrote: Hi
Hope someone can advise just received a letter stating my indefinite award of DLA will end and I will have to apply for PIP by the 16 Feb but I will be away on holiday until the end of March anyone know what to do. If I apply now I will not be able to return the application before I go.
Help please

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid at first glance your options are extremely limited!

Once an invitation to claim PIP has been issued there is no way to stop the process and there are only limited options to delay it.

I think it unlikely that you will be given any extension to the claim start process, if you don't start a claim by the 16th then your DLA payments will be suspended and you will be given a further four weeks to start a claim, by my calculation this would take you to 15 March. If no claim is started by this second date (you would need to have the date confirmed by the DWP), then your DLA will be closed and cannot be restarted under any circumstances.

If you do make the call then your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after any Decision on your PIP claim is made.

Once a claim has been started you will be sent a PIP2 form to complete and given four weeks to do so, although this will include postage time, you can request a two week extension to complete the form.

Although I think it unlikely that they will take any notice of your being on holiday it is still worth your contacting the DWP to explain that you will not be in the country.

I would also contact your MP to see if they can be of assistance. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/general-faq#Gen100

Your biggest problem seems to managing the process while you are away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saurin

More
8 years 3 months ago #148844 by saurin
Replied by saurin on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
Thank you Gordon, could you advise further. I will ring them on Monday and indeed contact my MPas well. If they do send me a claim form and I manage to return it before I go away, what happens if they send for me to go for a medical assessment before I get back? I will ask them the same question as well but I hope you can advise me first so I may know what to expect as I have read some horrendous story's of their attitude when contacting them on the phone

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #148863 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
Hi
If they send an appointment and you miss it without contacting them they may write asking you to contact them or they may send your paperwork back straight away saying you did not attend.
Once its returned to DWP they will write and say they've closed your claim and you have the right to appeal.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
domgem

To be clear, you would normally have to miss two appointments for your file to be returned to the DWP. Your not being in the country should be accepted as Good Cause but there is no guarantee of this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: saurin

More
8 years 3 months ago #148898 by saurin
Replied by saurin on topic On holiday when I will have to claim pip
Thank you Gordon
As for presenting evidence I had a medical for ESA approx 3 years ago thersult of which I was put in the support group but I did not get a copy of medical assessment, question can I still get a copy of same or can I tell them that they can use that medical as evidence even though I have not seen it?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.