× Members

What to claim

• Mrs. Medlam
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148802 by Mrs. Medlam
What to claim was created by Mrs. Medlam
Had my f2f nearly 2 weeks ago really not holding out much hope the assessor was too nice. What I want to know is if I loose my DLA what am I supposed to live on surely if they are saying that I am fit for work and can't get a job what do I claim. Only been on DLA since being medically finished 15 yrs ago. I only worked part time so not sure if I am entitled to anything X Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148808 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic What to claim
Hi Mrs M.

I hope you are wrong and you will qualify for the allowance, but if not, you will, I think, have to go on Jobseekers Allowance

It's not a great deal of money. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for other help; I believe you can look online at the local government website where they have a self-administered test which will show you what you might be entitled to. If you aren't confident about doing this, your local CAB may run a complete benefits check for you.

There's nothing to stop you requesting a reconsideration, if you are turned down, by the way. If you didn't look at the guides on here when you filled in your application form, look at them now and see where you might have explained your case more thoroughly, see whether you can gather more supportive information from your medical team and if you feel, you ought to be entitled to this support, then appeal.

• Mrs. Medlam
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148816 by Mrs. Medlam
Replied by Mrs. Medlam on topic What to claim
Thanks for your reply I followed all the information on here when I did my forms the only thing I didn't do was ask my Dr for a letter I was under the impression that the DWP would write to him for a medical report , I will ask for a reconsideration if the news is bad and will get my dr to do a letter for me, he has done in the past 15 yrs resulting in me getting DLA enhanced care and mobility. Maybe I am being negative but have read so many other posts where by they have lost their DLA some even being on indefinite awards, seems so unfair.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148817 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What to claim
Hi Mrs M,

It sounds as if you are confused between DLA and ESA. DLA is a payment made to try and help people with disabilities cope with the increased costs associated with this. It is not an income replacement benefit such as ESA or JSA. Many people on DLA work, many of those that don't also claim ESA - are you in receipt of this?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.