× Members

Contribution based ESA

More
8 years 3 months ago #149035 by jennieprowse
Contribution based ESA was created by jennieprowse
Hi first I'm sorry if I have posted this already when I did it yesterday and pressed the submit button my computer lost conection. So if my post wasn't sent here I go again. :unsure:

I am on a credit only ESA I am not entitled to IR ESA. I had a call with DWP yesterday they told me I am short of LEL I qualify for one part of CB ESA but not the other. Their advise was to contact HMRC and ask to pay my shortfall which I would be delighted to do. So I contact HMRC told them the situation they said if I paid my shortfall it would go toward my pension BUT would not do anything to help me qualify for CB ESA CAN ANYONE CONFIRM this for me. It concerns me if I had done this used my money on advise from DWP I would still not be entitled to CB ESA. The reason I am so keen to do this is I know I would be placed in the support.

Cheers
Jennie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149055 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution based ESA
Jennie

For benefits you need Class 1 Credits these are only paid when in receipt of certain benefits, Voluntary Contributions result in Class 3 Credits which cannot be used for benefits, they only count towards the State Pension.

Sorry

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149138 by jennieprowse
Replied by jennieprowse on topic Contribution based ESA
Hi Gordon

Thank you for clearing the muddy water of the DWP again for me !!!!!!!!

Yet again DWP gave me wrong advise. Joining this forum is the best thing I could have done.

I cant thank you enough :)

Cheers
Jennie
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.