× Members

ESA and pension

More
8 years 3 months ago #149049 by whitehorse
ESA and pension was created by whitehorse
Hi again.
Since posting my last question I've been having a look round the forum and am having another panic! My husband took early retirement through ill health from the NHS and as such receives a pension from them. We have never hid this fact from DWP always including it in any form asking for financial information. I've just read in previous posts of people in same situation who are being told by DWP that they did not know of pension, that they should not be getting ESA and to pay back money. To say we're horrified would be putting it mildly!
Thank you once again in advance
whitehorse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149074 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and pension

whitehorse wrote: Hi again.
Since posting my last question I've been having a look round the forum and am having another panic! My husband took early retirement through ill health from the NHS and as such receives a pension from them. We have never hid this fact from DWP always including it in any form asking for financial information. I've just read in previous posts of people in same situation who are being told by DWP that they did not know of pension, that they should not be getting ESA and to pay back money. To say we're horrified would be putting it mildly!
Thank you once again in advance
whitehorse

If you have notified the DWP about his pension then it should not be an issue, you have said in a previous post that you are not receiving any means tested benefits so the pension would only effect ESA if it is more than £85 per week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.