× Members

Esa assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149102 by Pauline
Esa assessment was created by Pauline
Hi, just joined this site, I was getting ssp and it has now changed to Esa. Got my Esa assessment on 5.2.16. I'm terrified, I suffer from depression and anxiety, side effect is constant headaches. This has been on and off since 2003. I was seeing a mental health worker to stabilise me from August last year until the 11.1.16, I have just received my appointment for my psychologist for the 1.2.16. I'm panicking, the insomnia is back, the headaches are horrific. I turn tv off if I'm at my mams as I can't deal with the noise. I think it the what if questions. I would like nothing more to be well and go back to work. Sorry this is so long, just lost and have nobody to talk to
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149110 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa assessment
Hi Pauline and welcome to the site. This link will help you find where things are.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you are going through this :( It might help for you to know what kind of thing to expect at your assessment ( it is not a 'medical' per se), you can find this information towards the back of our ESA guide.

ESA guide for claimants and appeals

If you have further questions please reply to this message, rather than starting a new thread, and we will do our best to help. If you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser, or click on your blue username when you are signed in to the forum, you will find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pauline

More
8 years 2 months ago #149266 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic Esa assessment
Can I ask since I'm seeing phycologist on the Monday before appointment should I ask her for letter of support. Should I contact other health care professionals who have been involved with me since May? Any advice please.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment

Pauline wrote: Can I ask since I'm seeing phycologist on the Monday before appointment should I ask her for letter of support. Should I contact other health care professionals who have been involved with me since May? Any advice please.

If those who support you are prepared to provide a letter then it would certainly be worth taking them up on the offer, but do read what they have written before submitting them, a bad report can easily do more damage than no report at all.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pauline

More
8 years 2 months ago #149328 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic Esa assessment
Thank you Gordon. Just working myself up. Think it's with everything all come at me at once. Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.