× Members

Face to face assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago #149163 by Sasha
Face to face assessment was created by Sasha
I'm in the process of starting a PIP application. I'm mostly housebound and certainly can't travel long distances so am rather alarmed that claimants are expected to travel for up to 90 minutes to reach the face to face assessment. I am requesting a home visit on my form but I know that doesn't guarantee I will get one. I've read on this website that a claimant is more likely to be given a home visit if they live in an area covered by Capita rather than Atos. How do I find out which of them covers my area?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149169 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Face to face assessment
Hi Pippa

It's not really much use you finding out which area you are in. It might help you to stop worrying about the likelihood of a home visit, but if you are in an area covered by Atos, you can't change it!

If you approach your GP and ask him/her to provide you with a letter supporting your request and outlining why you are unable to travel any great distance, it should carry some weight, also if you back up your application with as much medical evidence as you can and use the B & W guides to help you fill in your application and explain why you have problems with travel you give yourself the best chance of getting what you need.

I'm sorry not to be more helpful, but it is a complex and unfair system and there is no way of foretelling what is going to happen. Just use all the tools at your disposal. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.