× Members

How soon can you hear about pip?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149216 by Gary
How soon can you hear about pip? was created by Gary
I just wanted to let you know about my recent dealings with DWP and ATOS. Firstly, I was put in ESA support group {20/12}. I had sent my PIP claim form some time in Oct/15 nd had my ESA face to face end of Nov. An appointment was scheduled for my PIP assessment, which I attended only last week {20/1}. I went along with various letters which, I thought would help to explain and further confirm,
a mixed up,distressed, upset and anxious 50mins or so Q&A with the health Pro. I must also add, I must also add it was only today I came across your website.,,,and never before have I tried to claim any form of benefit/award from DWP or ATOS. I was warned it would likely be a lengthy process. So imagine my surprise yesterday, 6 DAYS after the face 2 face,I received a txt message from DWP, which read,... We will pay your first PIP into your acc within the next two weeks.If didn't receive within these 2 weeks to contact them. Thank You.
No group or level of award was stated,but I am shocked at the speed of it, and will I be able to contact DWP to find out exactly what they're decision was.
P.S. Should I be worried about the rapid decision, less time spent on it,....= Less PIP ??
Thanks for any info poss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How soon can you hear about pip?
Nichsalmo

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I've moved you post into it's own topic as it required feedback.

You will receive a Decision letter detailing the award and how long for, this should arrive no more than a week or two after the text.

A quick assessment process is not indicative of a lower award, it could be that your PIP2 contained sufficient information for the DWP to easily come to a Decision. Unfortunately until your receive written notice of the Decision you will have to wait and see.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149248 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic How soon can you hear about pip?
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the welcome., I'll have a proper look round the site and see how and where and what goes on.
Maybe give me a little something of what knowledge I may find helpful in the coming months ?

It would be good to see what response comes back regarding my post.
I just thought, I haven't read any posts or comments anywhere regarding a speedy and efficient service. I know there must be some but, a rare occurrence it seems?
Hopefully my quick turnaround is as you say a positive thing?
OPTIMISM
{word of the day
Cheers, Gary.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149281 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How soon can you hear about pip?
Nichsalmo

It's a simple fact that only people with problems tend to post on forums like this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.