× Members

Changes in condition PIP how to report

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149268 by Jan Jan
I am new to this site but would value some advice on changes to report regarding PIP. I was awarded the standard rate of the moving around category in August 2013, since then I have had 2 knee investigations and I wrote in about that last April but have not heard anything since and think my papers might be lost. I was on crutches for 12 weeks and in great pain from April last. Since August 2013 I have had osteoarthritis diagnosed in thumbs, toes, breast bone, on top of the advanced arthritis of the lumbar spine. Walking hurts all the time. My right knee was assessed as needing replacement eventually but after X-rays 2 weeks ago the damage to my left knee is classed as severe and I am to have a replacement on that knee first. My pre-op is in 3 weeks. An operation to follow to replace the knee soon after. My walking is far worst than in August 2013 when I was awarded the standard rate of the mobility component. I got 10 points but they said I could read a map? I don't drive, I am useless on the metro system, a recent appointment to the hospital took me 3 hours to go 2 and half miles in distance using the trams which I studied for hours but still managed to get lost.
Also in August 2013 I was only awarded 6 points in the daily living category but my OCD was never taken into account and back then I had no idea how to fill the forms in to help myself. Now I need a lot more help with the pain, the extra meds and the deterioration in my condition. How do you ask for a review, I have no idea how to go about it. Any advice please :( :( :(
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149302 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Changes in condition PIP how to report
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It looks as if your username could be your username? People often prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you can do so easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should write and report a change in condition to DWP, providing evidence of deterioration and asking for a reassessment. If DWP accept this a new PIP2 form will be sent and you might be asked to attend a face2face assessment. Don't forget 2 things - 1) Your condition must have been worse for the past 3 months and expected to remain so for another 9 months in order to be considered (and DWP often believe that everyone will start running marathons after a joint replacement op :angry: ) and 2) A new decision can lower/remove an award as well as increase it. Any decision made would be appeal-able

I recommend that you have a good look at our PIP guides before contacting DWP

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan Jan

More
8 years 2 months ago #149423 by Jan Jan
Replied by Jan Jan on topic Changes in condition PIP how to report
My thanks for your kind reply. I have taken all you have advised on board. I do think in the 2 years since I filled the form in myself that many things were missed, I wish I had joined this site before I filled the form in. I thought I would have had the opportunity on the assessment to go over things but the lady who assessed me was also acting as receptionist and there was a chaotic situation going on in reception and it was very stressful for all people there. I made my answers very quickly and felt like I just wanted to get out of there. I have reviewed the pages you referred to and am better able to judge what to do next. My gratitude to you for all your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.