× Members

ESA WRAG AND POINTS

• Janeyrobs
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149270 by Janeyrobs
ESA WRAG AND POINTS was created by Janeyrobs
I was placed into ESA WRAG just before xmas 2015 and when my CBESA was due to stop. My face to face medical was cancelled in Novemeber 2015 as I was in hospital. So, I have not had a face to face medical, it was done from my ESA50 form.
Do you get told how many points you get and how they determine the group you are put in?
The letter says I have one month from the dat of the letter to appeal, I thought it was up to a year?
I visited my GP for recurrent on going illness and he was appalled that I was deemed fit for work. Wondering if I should appeal to get in support group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WRAG AND POINTS

Janeyrobs wrote: I was placed into ESA WRAG just before xmas 2015 and when my CBESA was due to stop. My face to face medical was cancelled in Novemeber 2015 as I was in hospital. So, I have not had a face to face medical, it was done from my ESA50 form.
Do you get told how many points you get and how they determine the group you are put in?
The letter says I have one month from the dat of the letter to appeal, I thought it was up to a year?
I visited my GP for recurrent on going illness and he was appalled that I was deemed fit for work. Wondering if I should appeal to get in support group?

You can request the ESA85A assessment report from the DWP office that dealt with your claim over the phone although I would follow up the request in writing.

Legally you have 13 months from the date of the Decision to request an MR or appeal, however, requests made outside of one month are treated as late and you need to supply Good Cause why this is the case, it is then down to the DWP to decide whether they accept your reasons, if they do not then you cannot take the matter further.

It would be unusual for the DWP to reject a late request but it does happen.

Have a look at the ESA Appeal guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.